Tomorrow's the 1st of Ramadan according to the Islamic calendar and so starts the month of fasting, which will be followed by Eid:)! Happy Ramadan to everyone. I hope this month is awesome for everyone, I hope we get time to think and ponder and pray and thank God and be better human beings. I also hope that we can all, in our ways, improve the impressions of Muslims and Islam all over the world. Islam is not what is being portrayed by so many of us, and that is really sad.
For those of you who don't know much about Ramadan, I will write a detailed post soon but for tonight, I wanted to share something. Sami Yusuf has one of the most amazing voices and it really touches your soul. This was his first song I ever heard and I've been a fan ever since. Its called 'Supplication'. The video is awesome too. Very peaceful.
PS: Some links about ramadan:
- this one about how a typical Ramadan's like in Pakistan.
- and this where he answers questions about Ramadan, its funny.
- and this blog is all about Ramadan in different parts of the world.
- and this pakistani advertisement depicts Ramadan in Pakistan.
- and this is a documentary about Ramadan in the states.